In the Pandemic
- Week of April 5, 2020 (from the Adult Education Committee):
- Week of March 22, 2020 (from the Senior Connections Committee):
- Lamentation for a Time of Crisis – by Richard Rohr
- Love Alone Overcomes Fear – by Richard Rohr
- A prayer for lockdown Lockdown – by Franciscan Brother Richard Hendrick
- Video link: Oasis Chorale sings “We are never alone”
- Video link: Taize song “In the Lord I’ll be ever thankful”
- Video link: N.T. Wright on the atonement
From Adult Education
May 2, 2021 – Hope in a Time of Global Pandemic presented by Chris Derksen Hiebert.
January 2021 – Whole and broken: Being human Resources from our series on mental health
June 7, 2020 – Conversations about Racism Resource List
Walking the Reconciliation Path. Input and table discussion regarding the history, current state and potential futures for Indigenous – Settler reconciliation in Canada.
- March 1 – Turtle Island pre-1492 / Doctrine of Discovery / Assimilation / Land / Treaties Discussion Questions
- March 8 – A Case Study in Systemic Oppression: White Privilege
- March 15 – The Haldimand Tract
- Resources for Further Study
Healthy Relationships: Understanding Gender
January 19 we begin a four-week series on Healthy relationships: Understanding Gender. During these weeks the whole church will be attending to ways we nurture healthy relationships. Children will be doing Circle of Grace and youth will join do a combination of joining the adults and having their own discussions. The following are some related resources: http://www.commonword.ca/go/1893
January 19: What does it mean to be male today? Exploring New Corners: Let’s Talk Dude. Join us for some conversation and wisdom exchange about how healthy manhood and concepts of masculinity can shape a healthy future and be part of a gender-based violence-reduction plan, as well as how we exist within the church as male allies. Led by Liz Pfisterer. Listening Committee Notes from Note Taker 1 and Note Taker 2.