Truth and Reconciliation Action Group (TRAG) of Waterloo North Mennonite Church
Within the broad work of “loving our neighbours,” the two-fold purpose of Waterloo North’s Truth and Reconciliation Action Group is to:
- Initiate actions within the congregation and/or beyond that advocate for and support the implementation of the Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Final Report of June 2015.
- Share information with the congregation related to historical injustice and calls for justice for Indigenous Peoples in Canada, including specifically the Haudenosaunee of the Six Nations of the Grand River
Waterloo North Doorways to Reconciliation for 2022/2023
- Join a Group Visit Crow Shield Lodge – Watch for details about a visit in May or early June 2023
- Join a Five Little Indians book discussion in January 2023. Register online.
- Participate in the Sunday morning Adult Education series discussing the Doctrine of Discovery.
- Watch for details for the upcoming Ted & Co. drama production of We Own This Now
Some Suggested Resources:
- Online Sources for General Information and Local Connections
- Doctrine of Discovery
- Pre-Contact History, Treaties, Indian Act, Assimilation
- Residential Schools, Racism, White Privilege
- Indigenous Knowledge, Spirituality and Creation Care
- Indigenous Authors, Fiction and Non-Fiction
Adult Sunday School Class – October 24 & 31, 2021
- Sunday, October 24, 2021 – Adult Education – Summary Presentation
- Sunday, October 24, 2021 – Adult Education – Summary Presentation, Speaker Notes
- Sunday, October 31, 2021 – Adult Education – Treaty History, Waterloo Region
- Sunday, October 31, 2021 – Adult Education – Treaty History, Waterloo Region, Speaker Notes